Exciting life awards
Form pairs and have partners introduce themselves. Then direct partners to tell each other one true story from the first category listed below. After pairs are finished, have kids choose new partners and share stories from the second category.
Continue until kids have talked with nine different partners about nine different things. If you have fewer than 10 kids, use fewer categories or have kids talk with the same partner about more than one category. After kids finsh the categories, gather the group and have kids introduce themselves. Then ask kids to nominate people for awards from any of the categories. Ask kids to explain why they chose to nominate these people by summarizing the stories they heard in their pair discussions. Continue until each person has been nominated at least once. (You many need to tell kids that this is one of the goals of the activity.) After the nominatonis have ceased, tell kids to give each other a standing ovation for living such exciting lives.
- Best Drama in Real Life (the most dramatic thing to happen in your life.)
- Best Comedy Situation (the funniest thing that's happened to you.)
- Best Horror Show (the scariest thing that's happened in your life)
- Best Mystery (the most mysterious thing you've experienced).
- Best Sporting Event (the most exciting athletic achievement you've either witnessed or participated in)
- Best News Coverage (the closest you've come to being an eyewitness of a news story)
- Best Nature Special (the most beautiful experience you've had in nature)
- Best Musical Performance (the best musical performance you've experienced)
- Best Travel Show (the most interesting place you've been).
9 Icebreakers that will leave your Group Buzzing
We've compiled a list of icebreakers which are fun and easy to run!
8 Fun and Effective Team Building Activities
Team Building Activities are a great way to strengthen relationships amongst your group. Here are 8 activities that will do just that!
Youth Group Names
Looking for a good name for your Youth Group? Check out our list of Youth Group Names