True or False
This game is perfect for large groups.
Start by asking everyone to stand up.
You then ask the group a "True or False" question. Everyone has to answer true or false by putting their hands on their heads if they think the answer is true, or their hands on their bum if they think it is false.
For example, a question (or statement) might be "You can see the Great Wall of China from the Moon"
Give people 5-10 seconds to decide and put their hands in the appropriate spot! You then reveal the answer - everyone who guessed wrong sits down, everyone who got it right remains standing.
Continue until you get down to 3 or 4 people then get them up the front for the final few questions. Sometimes you may need to get them to face opposite directions so they can't see what each other is answering (or get clues from the audience)
Obviously the last person standing is the winner!
(and by the way, no you cannot see the Great Wall of China from the moon!)
True or False Questions
- In space you cannot cry (True - no gravity)
- The inventor of the light bulb, Thomas Edison, was afraid of the dark (true)
- The letter T is the most common in the English Language (false, it's E)
- There is no word that rhymes with Orange (true)
- The strongest muscle in proportion to its size in the human body is the tongue (True)
- A cockroach will live for nine days without it's head, before it starves to death (true)
- A duck's quack doesn't echo (true)
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit (true)
- Women can read smaller print than men; Men can hear better than women (false - the other way around!)
- Every day more money is printed for monopoly than the US Treasury (true)
- The words "Poor" and "poverty" appear 446 times in 384 separate verses in the Bible (true)
- Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team (true)
- Ben Franklin's formal education ended at ten years old (true)
If you choose the questions carefully, this exercise can lead nicely into a discussion on a variety of topics:
- Never giving up
- God using unlikely people
- How important the poor were to God
9 Icebreakers that will leave your Group Buzzing
We've compiled a list of icebreakers which are fun and easy to run!
8 Fun and Effective Team Building Activities
Team Building Activities are a great way to strengthen relationships amongst your group. Here are 8 activities that will do just that!
Youth Group Names
Looking for a good name for your Youth Group? Check out our list of Youth Group Names