Toilet brush hockey
This is a simple, low cost version of hockey. It will cost around $20 for supplies.
- One Wiffle Ball (with spares in case it is stepped on)
- Toilet Brushes (One for each player) (Go to a dollar store for them if all possible. Regular stores sell them, but their cheap ones may be about $3 each)
- Two six foot folding tables (Hopefully your church already has a few of these)
- Masking tape to mark the goal line
- At most, have the game by 5 on 5 players, plus a goalie for each team, depending on space of area to play. This game gets very hectic even in large areas. The smallest it works is 6 people (2 on 2 players with a goalie on each side.)
- Set up tables at opposite ends. Put a line of masking tape on the group from the front of one table leg to the other. If the ball crosses the line, it is a goal.
- Each player uses their toilet brush as a hockey stick, and the wiffle ball is the puck. Players cannot use their hands or feet to intentionally pass the ball.
- Make sure to stress that no rough play is allowed, such as checking other players, swinging their sticks wildly, etc.
- You can set the game to have timed periods or just see who scores the most goals by the end of the time to play.
- If you have a large group, shuffle kids in and out during play, as they do in real hockey. It keeps things really exciting if the kids need to switch out every minute or two.
Game submitted by Jason Felix
9 Icebreakers that will leave your Group Buzzing
We've compiled a list of icebreakers which are fun and easy to run!
8 Fun and Effective Team Building Activities
Team Building Activities are a great way to strengthen relationships amongst your group. Here are 8 activities that will do just that!
Youth Group Names
Looking for a good name for your Youth Group? Check out our list of Youth Group Names